Director - Leadership is the key to the success of any organization, and Hillel of Dallas is most fortunate to be coordinated and managed by Rabbi Heidi Coretz. In her thirteenth year as Director, her energetic and caring approach has developed very capable student leadership and outstanding programming. The result has been increased participation of students, faculty and staff. Further, Rabbi Coretz provides, as needed, individual counseling with students seeking spiritual and personal guidance. She regularly works with the Office of the Chaplain, the Jewish Studies Program, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and other faculty at SMU to educate the university community about Judaism. Finally, Rabbi Coretz speaks to potential students and parents about Jewish life on campus.
Advisory Board - For two decades, SMU Hillel (now known as Hillel of Dallas) has been supported and led by an Advisory Board consisting of SMU graduates, lay leaders in the Jewish community and SMU faculty members. Members of the Board work closely with the Director on programming, finances and organizational planning. Current Advisory Board members include: Sandy Kaufman, Chair, Dr. Ellen Jackofsky, Dr. Marion Sobol, Dr. Bezalel and Dalia Gavish, Jackie Wald, David Zimmerman, Dr. Serge Frolov, and Jerry Candy.
Student Board e Student Board is a very important part of creating the programs of Hillel of Dallas and leading our work. Current student board members include:
- Co-Presidents - Aaron Tverye and Sam Waldman
- Immediate Past President - Trish Weisberg
- Vice President for Outreach and Big/Little Chair- Hayley Goldberg
- Vice President for Education - Hannah Kavy
- Vice Presidents for Program - Sammie Kurtz, Lauren Miller, Jackie Malish
- Vice President for Shabbat and Holiday Celebrations - Karen Folz and Emma Salzman
- First Year Representative - Marlo Weisberg
- Hillel 21+ Co-Chairs - Oscar Schechter and Kyle Patterson